ANNUAL REPORT – 2018-19
JAI GURU DEV
A pleasant evening to all. His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi stated,
“When the conscious mind expands to embrace the deeper levels of thinking, the thought wave becomes more powerful and results in added energy and intelligence.”
With this great saying of Maharishiji, I am elated to present the Annual Report for the academic year 2018-19. Let me begin with the performance of our students on the academic front. The AISSE and AISSCE held in the month of March, proved to be a great accomplishment. The school’s first mark in class Ten is one of the greatest achievements in the last 35 years breaking all records.
A.Darshini stood first with 485 marks out of 500. K.G.Aarathi and M.SivaKumar stood second and G.Deepika stood third with 484 and 483 marks respectively. We have six students having scored a centum in Social Science.
Congratulations to the department of Social Science. In class 12 Board Examination, the first rank was bagged by S.Shruthi from commerce stream. She secured 481 marks out of 500. K.C.Chandana stood second with 479 marks and S.Indu stood third with 477 marksfrom science streams. S.SwethaLaxmi secured centum in chemistry and B.SivaGanesh scored centum in Mathematics.
Congratulations to the departments ofMathematicsand Chemistry.30 of our students from science stream got qualified in IIT-JEE Mains. 70 Students passed NEET Exam and 9 students from commerce have cleared CPT. I take this opportunity to congratulate all the Students and teachers for their meticulous efforts taken to prove themselves and to raise MVM’s fame.
“The quality of your thinking determines
the quality of your mind”.
We are proud to state that we maintain the exemplary standard by switching over from ISO 9001-2008 to ISO 9001-2015. To mould children in all the areas equally, we try to motivate them to take up any challenge that comes their way. [The NLP trainers train their minds and physical trainers develop their physique.]Thus an overall development of our students becomes our prime concern.
We set standards and goals for ourselves and strive to achieve them – be it in the area of academics, sports, discipline, leadership and more.
- Our school has been awarded the second place for the theme ‘ Energy Conservation’ for the third consecutive year by the management of Wonderla.
- Our School Students participated in a rally for World Space Week organized by SatishDhawan Space Centre Shriharikota.
- In the Inter school drawing competition conducted by MVM, Chetpet, Kumari.H.L.Rakshitha of class III secured the third place.
- Our students have left an indelible imprint in the field of innovation too. C.Aparna of class V was conferred with Dr.A.P.J.AbdulKalam Award – 2017 from the President ShriPranab Mukherjee for her innovation’WATCH WITH PUNGENT SPRAY ON BULLIES’. She has also received the Young Innovator Award for 2018.
- A.Arjun and Sgt.A.Adheena are awarded the best cadet contingent of Tamil Nadu Directorate, NCC. They were selected for Republic Day Parade and became the Trophy winners – 2019 Tamil Nadu contingents
- Harini Sri and L.Maadav Krishna are the winner nominees of National Level Space Science Essay Competition.
- Sanjay of class IX has bagged the sixth rank in the international level spellbee competition.
- Niharika and V.G.Varshini of class X secured the fourth and the sixth rank respectively.
- To make the children possess a complete knowledge about Thiruvalluvar and to give due recognition to his creation of Thirukkural children of class 1 to 12 were tested to recite the couplets. 209 students participated in the context, recited 50 to 500 couplets and bagged cash awards
- K.Tejashwini of class IX secured the bronze medal in CBSE South Zone Taekwandoo championship.
- Cultural talent scholarship scheme and centre for Cultural Resources and Training organised National Cultural Festivals. V.SriVasundhara of class XII was a part of the national camp held at Delhi.
12. Jothika of class IX secured the gold medal in 1500 meters and 3000 meters. She is qualified for Nationals in both the categories
13. Gnanesh of class XI bagged the Bronze Medal in 5000 meters.
14. In CBSE cluster Athletic meet held at Chennai, our students S.R.Devi Sri, A.Adheena, S.SaiKanishka, K.Harshitha and R.Supraja won the Bronze Medal in relay in the under 17 category.
15. Inter-school Heritage India Quiz was conducted by CBSE in which Rounak Banerjee and ShantanuGuin of class IX won the Second place.
16. Our staff Smt.K.S.Neelavathy was bestowed with Best Counsellor Award by JRC Hosur Educational District.
17. Five cub masters Smt.B.Priya, Smt.N.Jeyatulasi, Smt. K.Prema, Smt.P.Mallika Devi Smt.S.Padma, one flock leader Smt.P.Gitaand scout master Shri.G.N.Yoganandaqualified for Himalayan woodbadge parchment and beads from National Headquarters, Delhi.
17. Two Guide Captains Mrs.B.Shyamala and Mrs.N.Kamala completed Pre Adult Leader Training course for Guide Captains from National Head Quarters, Delhi.
18. The Principal Smt.R.Shaila was conferred with A.P.J.AbdulKalam Award by Dr.AnandAgarwal, National Director of AVANTIKA.
Teaching Learning Process
- Any new teacher who joins our organization has to undergo a three day Induction Program in which she/he is taken on school tour and introduced to all the happenings of the school so as to get a clear knowledge of school rules and the proceedings.
- Student of class VI – 545, XI – 351 students, 14 new teachers and new students from other schools were initiated this year for Transcendental Meditation
- Every Friday Parents of 15 students of one class are invited to attend Guru Pooja&Bhajan.Parents’ view is taken and based on their feedback we improve ourselves in various grounds from academics to co-curricular activities.
- Complaints are looked upon as a feedback for improvement. Complaints from students, parents and teachers are addressed through customer complaint meeting which is held every Friday. 45 complaints were addressed this year pertaining to teacher performance, classroom situations, and infrastructure and so on.
- Daily process report is updated every day to ensure smooth functioning of all the processes from electricity to lab, from milking to ambulance.
There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed. The various clubs such as Scouts and Guides, Cubs and Bulbuls, Bunnies, Juniors Red Cross, CMCA(Children’s Movement for Civic Awareness) and National Cadet Corps work their best to support the society.
The club started with 50 cadets and now has 100 cadets both in boys & girls wing. We are proud to announce that this is the third consecutive year that our cadets are selected for Republic Day parade in addition to this, one of our girl cadets has also been selected for this Republic Day Parade.
Junior Wing and Junior Division cadets attended Combined Annual Training Camp.
Our staff Mrs. K.Roopa has completed PRCN course at Kamptee, Nagpur and now is designated as the Associate Officer NCC.
JRC Counsellorcamp was organized at Hosur.Mr.R.Venkatesan and Mr.W.S.Immanuel attended the camp.
Hosur Educational District conducted Juniors Camp at MVM, Hosur in which five Schools participated.
Fifteen JRC Counsellors in and around Hosur took active in the temple service and rendered possible help to them.
CMCA Club named as future lights members observed Thanks giving day by offering their heartfelt gratitude to all the janitors to highlight and respect their services
They organized a co-exist campaign to reiterate the need for unity in diversity
Eco-Diwali campaign initiated an interest in the young minds to protect the environment.
Many small localities in Hosur are garbage free, Thanks to the help rendered by the club members.
The achievements of Scouts&Guides, Maharishi District are many. The Cubs who had been to MIRS, Sriperumbudhur camp site for Standard Judging Competition secured an overall ‘Runners Trophy’ among all other maharishi Group of Schools, Tamil Nadu.
Five cub masters,
349 Scouts from class VIII are enlightened with the requirements of RajyaPuraskar Test Camp.
424 Cubs & Bulbuls participated in the State Level Test Camp held at our school premises.It is to be noted that this is the highest number ever in the zone.
179 Cubs and 149 Bulbuls participated in the overnight camp with great zeal.
183 scouts & 154 Guides from class VII attended the TritiyaSopan Camp conducted by the Bharath Scouts & Guides of Maharishi District.
104 Cubs got qualified National Level Golden Arrow Award.
174 Guides, 188 Scouts are qualified for State Highest Award “Rajyapuraskar Award”.
Teachers training stands as a tool for the enhancement of teaching – learning process.
- The heads of all the departments provided a half-day session which reinforced the need to update.
- M. AudithyaVignesh and Mr.B.Sampath conducted a training session to develop the ability of the teachers in their classes. The training focused on Success Principles, Whole Brain Methodology, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Representational System and Components of Communication.
- Training on Anger, Time and Stress Management was organized for the teachers by a Master trainerDr.Chidambaram from Xnora.
- Our teachers Smt.R.Radha and Smt.K.Vijaya attended a training program on sub enrichment conducted by CBSE at Chennai.
- HosurSahodayaSchool Complex conducted a workshop on Sexual Harassment which was attended by smt.R.Sasikala, Smt.B.Priya and Sri.R.Venkatesan.
- Capacity building program on Health and Physical education was organized by CBSE at MVM, Hosur. Mr.Arindham Roy Choudhary was the resource person. 60 teachers attended the workshop.
- The Principal Smt.R.Shaila attended a workshop on Quality Evaluation and Conduct of Board Examination at Chennai.
- 27 teachers attended a one day workshop on the Revised Scheme of Spot Evaluation conducted by CBSE.
- Our Teachers attended a training session on the significance of imparting mind mapping skills in the teaching learning process.
- A session on ‘Introspection’ by the Principal helped the teachers to look at themselves from various perspectives.
Knowledge is structured in consciousness with this motto. We started our school in 1983.Serving the society of middle class & lower class .From NCC representation on Republic day to cultural scholarship patriotism and culture of our Nation is inculcated in all activities. Yoga and Transcendental Meditation has been the key to our existence in 36 years. Every child is given a flavour of 16 different activities from carpentry to horse riding: From fireless cooking to agriculture. Our students are trained in sports for which there are state of art facilities. They have represented Nationals for the last 5 years in various games and athletics. Our vision is to “Be the Best” in whatever we undertake. Mission being “giving multifold to students, parents & society. We serve to give our customers delight (parent & society).As we are a school which has heterogeneous strata society it makes the children give a sense of sharing & caring. The main strength of our organization is our staff whose welfare is our prime concern. We have crèche facility for our teacher &staff. All the changes in education and society are adhered to with passion. Let it be gender sensitivity or POCSO, CCE or pedagogy of innovation.
As Maharishi Mahesh Yogi our founder said “water the root & enjoy the fruit”. We nurture the students so that the Nation can enjoy the fruit of true citizens.